Monday, February 28, 2011

school

There are many skills needed in life after the completion of school. An important skill to have is communication with other people. Understanding feelings and why they do things can be very important. Another skill is responsibility, to be giving a situation and to know what’s right from what wrong. Learning from your mistakes, and taking responsibility because you want to, not because you have to. Being self motivated, if you want to learn something rather then learning it because the school said you did.

Many of these skills I have learned from my parents. School has tests that force you to learn something. I only learn these things for that reason. I have forgotten much of what I have been taught in school, but I have remembered maybe things that interest me. School now is not about becoming a responsible adult; it is about cramming in as much information as possible, plus more.

Kids would start school at an older age. kids when there 6 and 7 years old, all they want to do is play and have fun, so they could go to "school" but not be taught reading, writing math and things until there older.  At the older age the basics of reading and writing math ect would be introduced. These skills would be taught not for the purpose of memorizing facts and equations but so the kids come home with something that can help them self’s in the real world. Kids would also specialize in different things like sciences and art depending on what there motivated in. all students would have to take PE to ensure a healthy fitness level. In this new system kids would find learning to be fun and motivating.

My plans for next year are to attend Okanagan College. I plan to take a geography course and some other general courses. I plan to have as much fun as possible and try new things. I am still unsure on what I am going to do for a carrier, but I will be sure to enjoy what ever I get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment